Mary Warner Homes
Boyton Clay Pits
In a remote village in Suffolk, lying between Rendlesham Forest and the shore of the North Sea, a group of houses was built two hundred and fifty years ago in 1736 as a response to the charitable directions in the will of a 52-year old spinster, the last of her branch of a well-known Suffolk family. The village is Boyton and its benefactor was Mistress Mary Warner, heiress to lands and property from several generations of Suffolk landed proprietors and merchants in the City of London.
|For email address go to Contact link on home page                                 Page last updated Sunday, 12 November, 2006|